COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Contact Person: Marc Sabadin
The Community Services department is meant to DEMONSTRATE the love of Christ in practical ways that meet people's needs as they are felt in the community. Instead of just TALKING about Jesus, Community Services attempts to LIVE / SHOW Him to others.
Activities engaged in include:
- Helping people to figure out their finances by providing seminars or budgetting
- Feeding the homeless - One of the plans this year for this department is to start a soup kitchen that will provide at least one hot meal a week, to the homeless.
- Getting involved in cleaning up the local environment, clearing up rubbish from the streets, parks, and sides of the roads, etc.
- Visiting the sick and the lonely- Regular hospital visits are being planned for thid year
- Visitng the aged and lonely- some sabbath afternoons are being set aside for this activity.