Contact Person: Priscah Mangena
What It Is…
- Women’s Ministries is a place to address the spiritual, emotional, physical and social needs of women
- It encourages women to improve their potential for participation in the mission of the church
- It is a support system for hurting women - whether they are suffering from divorce, abuse or simply loneliness
- It is a forum to help address topics and issues as they affect the woman
- It encourages women to become involved in all areas of ministry in their church, their community, and in their home
- It mentors young women so that they may find joy in the Lord
- Women’s Ministries recognises that women have many Gifts of the Spirit and it attempts to help women discover and use these gifts to the glory of God
A Helping Hand
At Basildon Church we believe our role as women in the church is to lend a helping hand to our community by doing the following:
- helping with housework for the elderly and those who may be unwell
- comforting and supporting women who may have lost their loved ones
- preparing meals and shopping for those in need
If you know someone who is in need in the Basildon community, even if they are not a member of our church, please contact Priscah.
Maintaining Healthy Bodies
"Beloved, Iwish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." (3 John 2). Our bodies are Christ's purchased possession, and we are not at liberty to do with them as we please. Therefore the question with us is not, "What is the world's practise?" but, "How shall I as an individual treat the habitation that God has given me?"At Basildon Church we totally believe in maintaining healthy bodies, we do it without putting too much effort, we make it so enjoyable that sometimes we don’t even realise we are working out. We also use the NEW START Program which has been proven to cater for most areas of our health and stands for the following:
Nutrition: Our bodies are built up from the food we eat. It is a wonderful process that transforms the food into blood, and uses this blood to build up the varied parts of the body; but this process is going on continually, supplying with life and strength each nerve, muscle, and tissue. Those foods should be chosen that best supply the elements needed for building up the body. We cannot safely be guided by the customs of society. The disease and suffering that everywhere prevail are largely due to unpopular errors in regard to diet.
Grains, fruits, nuts, and vegetables constitute the diet chosen for us by our Creator. These foods, prepared in as simple and natural manner as possible, are the most healthful and nourishing. They impart a strength, a power of endurance, and a vigour of intellect, that are not afforded by a more complex and stimulating diet. More..